Defective or dangerous products are the cause of thousands of injuries every year in the United States.
Product liability law is the set of legal rules concerning who is responsible for defective or dangerous products. This set of rules is in place so that it might make it easier for an injured person to recover damages.
Product defects fall into three categories:
- Design Defects – Present in a product from the beginning, before it was manufactured, meaning something in the design of the product is inherently unsafe.
- Manufacturing Defects – Those that occur in the course of a product’s manufacture or assembly.
- Marketing Defects – Flaws in the way a product is marketed, such as improper labeling, inadequate safety warnings, or even insufficient instructions.
- The product manufacturer
- A manufacturer of component parts
- A party that assembles or installs the product
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sold the product to the consumer
There are many elements involved in building an effective product liability case, and experience goes a long way. Call today for a free consultation to see how we can help.
We don’t 'work' for our clients, rather we 'serve' them and we know that they've granted us this privilege which we'll always honor through hard work and honesty.